For various reasons, it can be helpful to send a PowerPoint show to Word. You can have great looking handouts and be able to format the document in ways that are not possible in PowerPoint.
The problem can be the size of the resultant file.
One of the easier, more practical ways to slim the doc down is to break the OLE links.
The size of a Word document may be 20 to 50 times larger than a PowerPoint presentation when you send the presentation to Word.Support.microsoft.com
When you eliminate the OLE overhead, you can reduce the size of the Word document by 90 percent
- Start PowerPoint.
- On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Microsoft Office Word.
- Click Paste link, and then click OK.
- In the resulting Word document, click Links on the Edit menu.
- Select all the links that are listed, and then click Break Link.
- Click Yes when you are prompted.
- Save the Word document.
Size of Word Document
See all Topics word