One big page
After completing a merge to a new document, the status bar may indicate that the insertion point is located on page 1 of 38 pages. This is a bit of mis-information.
If you turn on Show/Hide and look at the merged document in Normal view, you'll see that the merged document has section breaks rather than page breaks.
If you try to print what should be Page 1, the entire document will print.
To print just the first section, use "s1" in the Print dialog box.
Another way to handle it is to go to Edit>Replace and replace
"^b" (section break)
"^m" (manual page break)
In the Pages box, type instructions to print one of the following:
- Noncontiguous pages
- Type the page numbers with commas between them. Type the range of pages with a hyphen between the starting and ending numbers in the range. For example, to print pages 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8, type 2,4-6,8
- A range of pages within a section
- Type p page number s section number. For example, to print pages 5 through 7 in section 3, type p5s3-p7s3
- An entire section
- Type s section number. For example, type s3
- Noncontiguous sections
- Type the section numbers with commas between them. For example, type s3,s5
- A range of pages across sections
- Type a range of page numbers and the sections that contain them with a hyphen between the starting and ending numbers in the range. For example, type p2s2-p3s5
See all Topics word